About Us | Company History
Kwiatkowski Masonry, Inc. is a third generation mason contractor established in 1946 under the direction of Joseph Kwiatkowski.
The standards of hard work, quality mason workmanship, and integrity set forth by our grandfather and carried on by our father before us, continue to be the cornerstone upon which we build our company.
Leading Mason Contractor
From our company’s earlier years, residential brick fronts and foundations, to today’s commercial, educational, institutional, industrial, and municipality projects, KMI has grown into one of our region’s leading union masonry contractors.
Together with an exceptional field work force, Kwiatkowski Masonry, Inc. has succeeded in providing quality masonry construction while maintaining the strict construction schedules prevalent in today’s industry.
Award Winning Mason Contractor
The Illinois Indiana Masonry Council recognized our company for exceptional work as a mason contractor and awarded the Excellence in Masonry Silver Medal Award twice: once in 1984 for the BOCA International Office Headquarters in Country Club Hills, Illinois and again in 1989 for the Larrabee Commons Townhomes in Chicago. In April of 1991, the Senate of The General Assembly of Indiana honored KMI for these awards.
KMI has also been honored with the following awards:
- In 2002, the Indiana Concrete Masonry Association honored us with the presentation of the 2001 Community Development Design Award for our work at the First National Bank, LaPorte, Indiana Branch.
- In April 2005, KMI received an award at the 7th Bi-Annual 2005 Indiana/Kentucky Golden Trowel Awards for The Fair Oaks Dairy Adventure in Fair Oaks, Indiana for the Best of Educational category.
We received an Achievement Award from the Indiana Concrete Masonry Association, Team IMI, and the Midwest Masonry Council at the 2012 Excellence in Masonry Awards Program for Outstanding Small Scale Masonry category on the Portage Lakefront Park project.
We are involved with various masonry organizations such as:
- the Indiana Mason Contractors Association
- the MCA of Northwest Indiana
- the Mason Contractors Associations of Greater Chicago
- the International Masonry Institute
In February 2010, we became a certified union mason contractor through IMI’s Sustainable Masonry Certification Program.